When it comes to entertaining and decorating, so much inspiration can be found in the seasons. This fall, take a cue from brightly colored leaves, autumn gourds and vegetables, rustic textures and welcoming scents when setting your table. Here are four ways to bring color and coziness to a new fall centerpiece.
1. Use Fall Flowers
The trick to creating a stunning fall centerpiece is to choose in-season flowers.
- Shop your local florist, flower market or grocery store and choose seasonal fall blooms like chrysanthemums, goldenrod, sunflowers or dahlias
- Simply arranging flowers in a shallow bowl or vase can be enough to change the look of a room. If you’re hosting Thanksgiving or a fall party, use real flowers. For a fall centerpiece you’ll want to display all season, opt for silk flowers
- Scatter colorful fallen leaves, acorns and pine cones to accent the fresh flowers
2. Celebrate the Harvest
Give a nod to nature’s bounty by arranging fall produce like pumpkins, squash, pears or pomegranates in bowls, cornucopias or platters to build a centerpiece.
- Let a few pieces of your best produce overflow onto the table for a rustic look
- Mix in acorns and pine cones with the produce to add visual interest and texture
- Set a classic vase or several candlesticks in varying heights at the center of the table to anchor the centerpiece
Tip: If you can’t decide between a floral or produce centerpiece, mix them together! Simply place a head of kale, cabbage or purple lettuce in the center of your bowl, and then surround it with your favorite fall flowers. Don’t forget to spray your centerpiece occasionally with water to keep it looking fresh!
3. Choose the Linens
Think of table linens as a blank canvas — the remaining décor will follow their lead.
- Table runners anchor the centerpiece and its ornaments. Add texture to the table décor by using burlap or linen as a runner or tablecloth
- Choose place settings and napkins that complement the flower colors, or choose neutral colors to let the centerpiece shine
4. Welcome Fall with Pumpkins
Pumpkins are beautiful on their own or when grouped with a few different sizes in a cluster. Arrange them along a table runner, and add Febreze Candles in Fresh Fall Pumpkin for a romantic look.
Which of these fall centerpieces will be on your table this season? Let us know in the comments below!