Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Fish Taco Ingredients
1 lb boneless cod filets
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup lime juice
2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
12 small corn tortillas
1/2 of a small red cabbage, thinly sliced
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Lime wedges, to garnish
Simple Lime Sauce Ingredients
1 cup light sour cream
1/2 cup lime juice
Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Rinse and dry cod filets, then cut lengthwise into 2 ½-inch pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, 1/4 cup lime juice, green onions and cumin. Add fish and cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
- Let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In separate bowl, combine sour cream, 1/2 cup lime juice and cayenne. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in sauté pan over medium heat. Add fish. Grill for two minutes on each side.
- Warm the corn tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds. Divide the fish evenly among tortillas. Top with cabbage, cilantro, salt and pepper. Serve with sauce and garnish plate with lime wedges.